Terms and Conditions
My Curacao Guide Website and App usage terms and conditions
The term ‘Island Guide’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is in Curacao, Willemstad. Our company registration number (KVK) is 133650. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website. The term “Website” means the website located at www.mycuracaoguide.com and all the subpages. The term “App” means our application Island Guide for Android, iOS and any other operating systems.
This policy provides information as to the kind of personal information that we collect in our business, including through the Website and/or the App and the ways in which we use it.
“Sensitive information” is a subset of personal information and includes information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, health information, political opinions, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or trade union, sexual preferences or practices and criminal record.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material, information, pictures and videos which are owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Curacao, The kingdom of the Netherland.
Mobile App Terms and Conditions
- You acknowledge that the terms of agreement with your respective mobile network provider (“Mobile Provider”) will continue to apply when using the Application. As a result, you may be charged by the Mobile Provider for access to network connection services for the duration of the connection while accessing the Application or any such third party charges as may arise. You accept responsibility for any such charges that arise.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect some personal information about individuals. We collect personal information from individuals in circumstances such as the following:
- When we meet or deal with an individual from an organization wishing to do business with us;
- When a person signs up to become a user of the Island Guide App.
- When a user posts content that includes personal information through the App;
- When a user posts personal videos and/or photos and/or personal text through the App;
- When a person posts content that includes locations.
- When a user visits the Website or uses the App and sends an enquiry through or makes a comment or other post, through an email or via a social media platform;
- When a user signs up to receive marketing information;
A significant amount of personal information is primarily collected by Island Guide. However, because the information resides on our database we technically “collect” it, although we would not typically access or analyze it. This information could include a range of information as selected by Island Guide, such as names, dates of birth, address, phone number, location information, private pictures, private personal notes, and other information as selected by Island Guide.
- OTHER TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information on visitors to the Website, including information on which areas of the Website are most often accessed and how long visitors visit those areas.
We collect information from the App and your use of it, including information to assist us to identify the device upon which you use the App, such as your device’s IP address, operating system and your email addresses, location-based data, searches and other information you may input into or access from the App and/or Club App.
We may utilize “cookies” which enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the Website. A cookie does not identify you personally but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. Rejecting cookies may have the effect of limiting your access to parts of the Website.
We may collect information about your computer or device, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregated information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- HOW GOOGLE USES DATA WHEN YOU USE THE APP
For information as to how Google uses data as a consequence of use of the App, please see the following on Google’s site: How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.
Please note also that we may, in connection with Google Platform Products that we use, collect process or disclose information that identifies or can be used to an infer an end user’s precise geographic location, such as GPS, WIFI or cell tower data. We will only send such information to Google in an encrypted state or via an encrypted channel.
If at any time you provide or disclose personal information about someone other than yourself, you must ensure and you warrant that you have that person’s consent to provide such information for the purpose specified.
- CHANGES TO AND LIMITATIONS OF THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Such changes will be updated on the Website and within the App following the making of such changes.
- CONTACT US
If you wish to make an inquiry regarding any personal information relating to you which may be in our possession, contact:
Island Guide B.V. & Nights Publications
Vista Montaña 60-61