Coronavirus: How is it to travel to Curaçao during the pandemic?
Last updated: 14-10-2021
Since the start of the pandemic, the people of Curaçao have shown strength and determination to flatten the curve. Despite all of the ups and downs of this long and unexpected situation, it is quite remarkable to see the positivism of the population and the motivation of each individual working together to resume normal daily activities and keep a safe environment.
Besides all the implemented procedures regarding the necessary safety measures upon arrival to Curaçao, you can expect to be welcomed by; a warm culture, and smiling faces.
Here is some important information you should know before you visit Curaçao so everyone can enjoy a safe and well-deserved vacation:
• All travelers must complete the digital immigration card online before departure.
• 48 hours prior to your departure, all travelers must complete the Passenger Locator Card (PLC). Make sure to carry a printed copy of this document with you.
• Depending on your country of residence, you might have to do a PCR test. The following low-risk countries do not require a PCR test: China, Dominica, Grenada, Hong Kong, Hungary, Montserrat, New Zealand, Poland, Saba, St. Eustatius, Taiwan, Singapore, Sweden, Canada, India, Italy, Austria.
• If you are 6 years and older and a resident of a high-risk country, you must show a negative result from a certified COVID-19 PCR-test. The test must be done a maximum of 72 hours prior to departure and it is required to upload the negative test result on dicardcuracao.com.
• All visitors traveling from a high-risk country must undergo an antigen test at a local laboratory on the 3rd day of their stay. An appointment can be booked and paid via digital immigration card at least 48 hours before departure. Exeptions: Childern under seven years who have no systems of Covid-19, Crew members of the aircrafts and people who leave Curaçao within 3 days of arrival.
• You must be aware and agree to all conditions of the government of Curaçao during your stay on the island. In case you need to quarantine or require medical care, the fees related to these services will be at your own cost. Make sure to have sufficient medical insurance coverage.
• It is mandatory to wear a face mask upon arrival at the Curaçao Hato Airport.
• During your entire stay, you should apply safety measures such as keeping a distance of a minimum of 2 meters with others and wash your hands regularly.
Latest government announcement regarding the Coronavirus in Curaçao
The Government has announced adapted measures starting October 19 2021, to prevent the further spread of the Coronavirus. Some procedures have been put in place to maintain safety measures. It is important to know that those rules have to be followed by both locals and tourists. It is highly recommended to remain socially distanced and to go out only for essential needs. However, the vaccination process is going very well and more then 98 600 people already received their first shot and more then 90 400 received their second shot.
• There is currently a curfew from 1.00 AM until 4.30 AM.
• Wearing a face mask is no longer mandatory, but if you have not been vaccinated it is desirable.
• Restaurants, supermarkets, bars, stores and casino’s are open until 12 AM.
• Food trucks are allowed to open from 7 PM to 12 AM. Serivce only possible by take-out, delivery or curside pick-up.
• Restaurants and events no longer need to register guests. Sufficient social distance and hygiene measures remain intact.
• Events may be allowed to return to full capacity, but only vaccinated people or people with a negative test certificate are allowed to go to parties or outdoor sports venues or enclosed spaces when they have the QR code.
• At events smaller than 100 attendees, people are also allowed in without a vaccination certificate or negative test certificate. Dance parties are not part of this.
Thanks to all these procedures put in place by the government of Curaçao since the beginning of the pandemic, the island has been able to offer a safe traveling place to its visitors and will continue to do so. We are confident that by working together, we will soon be able to enjoy everything Curaçao truly has to offer from its exquisite restaurants, spectacular beaches, and exciting attractions. We are very grateful for your love towards our dushi island and for choosing Curaçao as your next vacation destination.
* The information shared in this article is subject to changes depending on the progression of the spread of Coronavirus on the island of Curaçao and the changes of procedures regarding safety measures shared by the government.
By Jessica Gallant
Boat Tours, Food & Drinks, Klein Curacao Tours, Underwater & Snorkeling Tours
Find yourself relaxing on a boat trip to Klein Curaçao on board of a luxurious yacht. The small island of Klein Curaçao is a white pearl in the midst of the dark blue ocean. You will be dazzled by its white sandy beach! Be sure to take a swim and don’t miss a chance to also […]
Boat Tours, Food & Drinks
There is no better way to end your afternoon than aboard our luxurious and spacious catamaran. This sunset trip is every Wednesday and Friday and departs from Pirates Nest at Caracasbaai. Enjoy a romantic 2.5-hour sunset cruise and discover our island is even more stunning in a sunset orange glow on the waters of Curaçao […]
The dolphins at Dolphin Academy will steal your heart with this fun, intimate, and interactive meeting. The Dolphin Encounter is an experience for all ages! This magical encounter at Dolphin Academy begins at either 8:30, 11:00, and 14:00. While standing in waist-deep water you will be able to gently pet a dolphin who will then […]
The more you know about our marine environment, the more you will grow to love and protect it. This was the concept on which the Curaçao Sea...
Curaçao’s wide-ranging attractions are hidden all over the island and well worth going off the beaten path to discover. So, let’s trek to the...