Coronavirus: How is it to travel to Curaçao during the pandemic?
Last updated: 08-03-2022
Since the start of the pandemic, the people of Curaçao have shown strength and determination to flatten the curve. Despite all of the ups and downs of this long and unexpected situation, it is quite remarkable to see the positivism of the population and the motivation of each individual working together to resume normal daily activities and keep a safe environment.
Besides all the implemented procedures regarding the necessary safety measures upon arrival to Curaçao, you can expect to be welcomed by; a warm culture, and smiling faces.
Here is some important information you should know before you visit, so everyone can enjoy a safe and well-deserved vacation:
• All travelers must complete the digital immigration card online before departure.
• 48 hours prior to your departure, all travelers must complete the Passenger Locator Card (PLC). Make sure to carry a printed copy of this document with you. A negative COVID-19 PCR-test is no longer mandatory when traveling to Curacao as of March 10, 2022.
• The requirement for travelers to do an antigen test on the third (3) day after arrival on Curaçao is no longer obligatory.
• You must be aware and agree to all conditions of the government of Curaçao during your stay on the island. In case you need to quarantine or require medical care, the fees related to these services will be at your own cost. Make sure to have sufficient medical insurance coverage.
• It is no longer required to wear a face mask upon arrival at the Curaçao Hato Airport.
• During your entire stay, you should apply safety measures such as washing your hands regularly. Also keeping distance of a minimum of 2 meters with others is recommended.
Latest government announcement regarding the Coronavirus in Curaçao
On March 8, 2022, the government relaxed Curacao’s measures regarding the Coronavirus. All previously mandatory rules have been lifted. Furthermore, the vaccination process is going very well and more than 245,000 injections have been given. A total of 98,268 (63.4) people in Curacao have been fully vaccinated.
• The use of facemasks only applies to hospitals, care institutions and public transport. Entrepreneurs can determine whether it is compulsory in their company and are responsible for communicating this clear.
• The curfew has been lifted
• Restaurants, supermarkets, bars, stores, food trucks and casino’s are open according to their own opening hours.
• No registration or QR-code is mandatory by restaurants.
• For all baptism, weddings and funerals, the limit of a maximum number of people has been dropped.
• Sport events in groups are allowed without a maximum number of people.
Thanks to all these procedures put in place by the government of Curaçao since the beginning of the pandemic, the island has been able to offer a safe traveling place to its visitors and will continue to do so. We are very grateful for your love towards our dushi island and for choosing Curaçao as your next vacation destination.
* The information shared in this article is subject to changes depending on the progression of the spread of Coronavirus on the island of Curaçao and the changes of procedures regarding safety measures shared by the government.
By Jessica Gallant
Boat Tours, Food & Drinks, Klein Curacao Tours, Underwater & Snorkeling Tours
Find yourself relaxing on a boat trip to Klein Curacao on board of a luxurious yacht. The small island of Klein Curacao is a white pearl in the midst of the dark blue ocean. You will be dazzled by its white sandy beach! Be sure to take a swim and don’t miss a chance to […]
Boat Tours, Food & Drinks
There is no better way to end your afternoon than during this sunset catamaran trip! Join us on this beautiful 2 1⁄2 -hour sunset cruise and discover our island is even more stunning in a sunset orange glow on the waters of Curacao as we sail from the beautiful Spanish Water into the open sea. […]
The dolphins at Dolphin Academy will steal your heart with this fun, intimate, and interactive meeting. The Dolphin Encounter is an experience for all ages! This magical encounter at Dolphin Academy begins at either 8:30, 11:00, and 14:00. While standing in waist-deep water you will be able to gently pet a dolphin who will then give […]
The more you know about our marine environment, the more you will grow to love and protect it. This was...
Curacao’s wide-ranging attractions are hidden all over the island and well worth going off the beaten...