Coronavirus: How is it to travel to Curaçao during the pandemic?
Last updated: 24-08-2021
Since the start of the pandemic, the people of Curaçao have shown strength and determination to flatten the curve. Despite all of the ups and downs of this long and unexpected situation, it is quite remarkable to see the positivism of the population and the motivation of each individual working together to resume normal daily activities and keep a safe environment.
Besides all the implemented procedures regarding the necessary safety measures upon arrival to Curaçao, you can expect to be welcomed by; a warm culture, and smiling faces.
Here is some important information you should know before you visit Curaçao so everyone can enjoy a safe and well-deserved vacation:
• All travelers must complete the digital immigration card online before departure.
• 48 hours prior to your departure, all travelers must complete the Passenger Locator Card (PLC). Make sure to carry a printed copy of this document with you.
• Depending on your country of residence, you might have to do a PCR test. The following low-risk countries do not require a PCR test: Anguilla, China, Dominica, Grenada, Hong Kong, Hongarije, Montserrat, Nieuw-Zeeland, Polen, Roemenië, Saba, St. Eustatius, Taiwan, Tsjechië.
• If you are 6 years and older and a resident of a high-risk country, you must show a negative result from a certified COVID-19 PCR-test. The test must be done a maximum of 72 hours prior to departure and it is required to upload the negative test result on dicardcuracao.com.
• All visitors traveling from a high-risk country must undergo an antigen test at a local laboratory on the 3rd day of their stay. An appointment can be booked and paid via digital immigration card at least 48 hours before departure. Exeptions: Childern under seven years who have no systems of Covid-19, Crew members of the aircrafts and people who leave Curaçao within 3 days of arrival.
• You must be aware and agree to all conditions of the government of Curaçao during your stay on the island. In case you need to quarantine or require medical care, the fees related to these services will be at your own cost. Make sure to have sufficient medical insurance coverage.
• It is mandatory to wear a face mask upon arrival at the Curaçao Hato Airport.
• During your entire stay, you should apply safety measures such as keeping a distance of a minimum of 2 meters with others and wash your hands regularly.
Latest government announcement regarding the Coronavirus in Curaçao
The Government has announced adapted measures starting August 13, to prevent the further spread of the Coronavirus. Some procedures have been put in place to maintain safety measures. It is important to know that those rules have to be followed by both locals and tourists. It is highly recommended to remain socially distanced and to go out only for essential needs. However, the vaccination process is going very well and more then 95 500 people already received their first shot and more then 85 700 received their second shot.
• There is currently a curfew from 12 AM until 4.30 AM.
• It is mandatory to wear a face mask in any public establishment.
• Restaurants, supermarkets, bars, stores and casino’s are open until 11 PM.
• Food trucks are allowed to open from 7 PM to 11 PM. Serivce only possible by take-out, delivery or curside pick-up.
• The capacity of each boat is based on the size of the boat. The amount of passengers on the boat is determined by maintaining to a minimum of 3,5 square meters per person (max. 100 people).
• Overall maximum people allowed inside and outside is limited to 100 people (private & public gatherings).
• Parties and activities with loud music are not permitted. Neither is dancing.
Thanks to all these procedures put in place by the government of Curaçao since the beginning of the pandemic, the island has been able to offer a safe traveling place to its visitors and will continue to do so. We are confident that by working together, we will soon be able to enjoy everything Curaçao truly has to offer from its exquisite restaurants, spectacular beaches, and exciting attractions. We are very grateful for your love towards our dushi island and for choosing Curaçao as your next vacation destination.
* The information shared in this article is subject to changes depending on the progression of the spread of Coronavirus on the island of Curaçao and the changes of procedures regarding safety measures shared by the government.
By Jessica Gallant
Underwater & Snorkeling Tours, Watersport
Create a lifetime of memories with your loved ones by going on Curaçao’s underwater safari on our underwater scooter. Dive easily under the sea on your personal water scooter accompanied by a certified Aquafari diver. See a variety of beautiful fish and other deep-sea creatures as they swim on the bottom, roll on the surface […]
Boat Tours, Food & Drinks, Klein Curacao Tours, Underwater & Snorkeling Tours
Find yourself relaxing on a boat trip to Klein Curaçao on board of a luxurious yacht. The small island of Klein Curaçao is a white pearl in the midst of the dark blue ocean. You will be dazzled by its white sandy beach! Be sure to take a swim and don’t miss a chance to also […]
Boat Tours, Food & Drinks
There is no better way to end your afternoon than aboard our luxurious and spacious catamaran. This sunset trip is every Wednesday and Friday and departs from Pirates Nest at Caracasbaai. Enjoy a romantic 2.5-hour sunset cruise and discover our island is even more stunning in a sunset orange glow on the waters of Curaçao […]
The more you know about our marine environment, the more you will grow to love and protect it. This was the concept on which the Curaçao Sea...
Curaçao’s wide-ranging attractions are hidden all over the island and well worth going off the beaten path to discover. So, let’s trek to the...